MPI’s Level 4 Quality Assurance training is the highest level of commercial/institutional paint training offered and is the final and most comprehensive course in MPI’s training program. Graduates of this course will gain the knowledge required to add value to almost any aspect of an architectural/commercial paint project from specifications, surface preparation, application, quality assurance, as well as elements of inspection. Completion of this course is considered a requirement and specified on new build/Architectural and Repainting coatings projects.
Note: MPI Level 1, Level 2 and Level 3 successful completion required before starting this course.
Note: Completion of this final course does not give the designation of ‘MPI Inspector’ or ‘MPI Certified Architectural Coatings Inspector’. There are additional assessments required for that, please contact the office for more information.
- How to review detailed paint specs for any commercial/institutional projects (new construction & maintenance repaint)
- How to use various pieces of testing equipment for inspection in order to provide a detailed evaluation of the surface
- How to select the optimal coating system depending on condition of the substrate and/or existing coating, substrate, budget and exposure environment
- Roles and responsibilities of all contractors and specifying authorities involved
- How to document work to ensure job quality and adherence to specifications
- How to interpret and review blueprints
- Elements of Site Inspections
Course Format: Course is online. Exam is proctored online and requires photo ID and Zoom
Duration: 90 days to complete exam from date of registration
Exam Format: Proctored exam, taken online via Zoom
Minimum Passing Grade: 75% or greater to pass
MPI Level 1 Essentials of Paint and Painting Technology
MPI Level 2 Architectural Specification
MPI Level 3 Maintenance Specification
Required for: Professional Evaluation and Knowledge Appraisal Assessment (PEKA Assessment) to become an MPI Certified Architectural Coatings Inspector.
Designation Received: Paint Quality Assurance Specialist. PQA
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will receive: Digital award of completion and digital badge for use in email signatures.