The 2 year Subscription to the Online MPI Repainting/Restoration Specification Manual gives you password restricted online access for a period of two years to the following:
Digital version of the printed MPI Specification Manual for Repainting or Restoration coatings projects.
The manual is intended to be used step-by-step by substrate, or as a reference guide to promote quality assurance in products and workmanship, where specified painting systems in maintenance instructions are used; it contains information necessary to:
- Evaluate paint products.
- Evaluate and select painting system.
- A painting specification.
- Select the surface preparation necessary.
Online Manual Contents:
- Introduction - contents, credits, a how to use guide, Identifiers, Int/Ext repainting Assessment.
- Identification - assistance in identifying defects and failures that may affect current substrate.
- Exterior Assessment - to assess the (DSD) Degree of Surface Degradation for Exterior surfaces.
- Interior Assessment - to assess the (DSD) Degree of Surface Degradation for Interior surfaces.
- Exterior - Systems, Evaluation, Surface Preparation
Interior - Systems, Evaluation, Surface Preparation
- Exterior - Systems Evaluation
- Exterior - 175 water and solvent based systems
- Exterior - Surface Preparation
Guide Specifications - Painting, Wall-Covering, Abrasive Blasting
Products - Descriptions, Listings
Miscellaneous - Responsibilities, Standards, Quality Assurance
- Interior- Systems Evaluation
- Interior - 258 water and solvent based systems
- Interior - Surface Preparation
- Quality Assurance
Additional information included:
MPI Approved Products List
230 MPI # Exterior and Interior categories; and the approved products, within those categories, that meet or exceed the specific standard definition. It contains national as well as regional manufacturers, It also Includes US, Canada and International editions, as well as Regulatory designations, LEED designations, MPI VOC ranges (E3-E0) and Green performance rating (GP1 or GP2). Now also includes the X-Green (Extreme Green) Categories and products.
MPI Identifiers - Defects and Failures
Includes 125 color pictures and defines 81 different defects and failures commonly found with architectural/commercial paints and coatings. It’s an excellent tool for assessing the surface prior to a repaint project to determine surface preparation and priming requirements, or to review the quality of a new paint job.
Benefits of the online MPI Maintenance Repainting Manual:
- Online access from anywhere, most up to date version, very simple to find all the information you require without having to switch between booklets and ability to copy and paste information for future reference.
- Access to the online MPI Identifiers - Defects & Failures
- The paint systems are in descending order of performance and from there you can click right through to the appropriate MPI category and see all the currently listed manufactures, with their products.
- You can search for and save a list of all your specific systems choices and manufacture/products.
- You also have access to a downloadable MPI Guide specification and the paint-related standards and responsibilities.
MPI Training Course – Maintenance Repainting Painting - LINK