The manual is intended to be used step-by-step by substrate, or as a reference guide to promote quality assurance in products and workmanship, where specified painting systems in maintenance instructions are used; it contains information necessary to:
- Evaluate paint products.
- Evaluate and select painting system.
- A painting specification.
- Select the surface preparation necessary.
- Introduction - contents, credits, a how to use guide, Identifiers, Int/Ext repainting Assessment.
- Identification - assistance in identifying defects and failures that may affect current substrate.
- Exterior Assessment - to assess the (DSD) Degree of Surface Degradation for Exterior surfaces.
- Interior Assessment - to assess the (DSD) Degree of Surface Degradation for Interior surfaces.
- Exterior - Systems, Evaluation, Surface Preparation
- Exterior - Systems Evaluation
- Exterior - 175 water and solvent based systems
- Exterior - Surface Preparation
- Interior - Systems, Evaluation, Surface Preparation
- Interior- Systems Evaluation
- Interior - 258 water and solvent based systems
- Interior - Surface Preparation
- Guide Specifications - Painting, Wall-Covering, Abrasive Blasting
- Products - Descriptions, Listings
- Miscellaneous - Responsibilities, Standards, Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance
Additional information included:
MPI Approved Products List
230 MPI # Exterior and Interior categories; and the approved products, within those categories, that meet or exceed the specific standard definition. It contains national as well as regional manufacturers, It also Includes US, Canada and International editions, as well as Regulatory designations, LEED designations, MPI VOC ranges (E3-E0) and Green performance rating (GP1 or GP2). Now also includes the X-Green (Extreme Green) Categories and products.
MPI Identifiers - Defects and Failures
This handy 28-page booklet includes 125 color pictures and defines 81 different defects and failures commonly found with architectural/commercial paints and coatings. Itís an excellent tool for assessing the surface prior to a repaint project to determine surface preparation and priming requirements, or to review the quality of a new paint job.