Printed and online access to:
The manual is intended to be used step-by-step by substrate, or as a reference guide to promote quality assurance in products and workmanship, where specified painting systems in new construction are used; it contains information necessary to:
- Evaluate paint products.
- Evaluate and select painting system.
- A painting specification.
- Select the surface preparation necessary.
- Introduction – with contents, credit a how to use guide and other relevant information.
- Exterior – Systems, Evaluation, Surface Preparation
- Exterior – Systems Evaluation
- Exterior – 198 water and solvent based systems
- Exterior – Surface Preparation
- Interior – Systems, Evaluation, Surface Preparation
- Interior– Systems Evaluation
- Interior – 316 water and solvent based systems
- Interior –Surface Preparation
- Guide Specifications – Painting, Wall-Covering, Abrasive Blasting
- Products – Descriptions, Listings
- Miscellaneous – Responsibilities, Standards, Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance
Additional information included:
- MPI Approved Products List
With over 230 MPI # Exterior and Interior categories; and the approved products that meet or exceed the specific standard definition. It contains national as well as regional manufacturers, It also Includes US, Canada and International editions, as well as Regulatory designations, LEED designations, MPI VOC ranges (E3-E0) and Green performance rating (GP1 or GP2). Now also includes the X-Green (Extreme Green) Categories and products.
- MPI Gloss Standard (Visual Standard) -MPI Gloss and Sheen levels (and drywall finishing levels required). Listing and displaying samples of Gloss level 1-7, against two NCS (Natural color system standards) Note: the gloss levels register replaces the previous gloss names register.
Plus access to the online ASM Decision Tree; where you can go through the following steps to help create your project specifications:
- Specify project type (new or repaint)
- Choose interior or exterior
- Select your division (material)
- Select your substrate
- Choose your subtype of substrate
- Select the desired finish
- Choose the performance required
Following this you are able to save your system choices and to add additional systems to compile a complete projects worth of systems. Once all systems are added you can save the information into a complete and comprehensive Excel file for reference. You can then go on to choose your required products from the list of MPI approved manufactures/products.