MPI’s Level 3 training is the highest level of commercial/institutional paint training offered and is the final and most comprehensive course in MPI’s training program. Graduates of this course will gain the knowledge required to add value to almost any aspect of an architectural/commercial paint project from specifications, surface preparation, application, quality assurance, as well as elements of inspection.
Note: MPI Level 1, Level 2a and Level 2b successful completion required before starting this course.
- How to review detailed paint specs for any commercial/institutional projects (new construction & maintenance repaint)
- How to use various pieces of testing equipment for inspection in order to provide a detailed evaluation of the surface
- How to select the optimal coating system depending on condition of the substrate and/or existing coating, substrate, budget and exposure environment
- Roles and responsibilities of all contractors and specifying authorities involved
- How to document work to ensure job quality and adherence to specifications
- How to interpret and review blueprints
- Elements of Site Inspections
Course Format:Course is online. Exam is proctored online and requires photo ID and Skype
Duration:90 days to complete exam from date of registration
Exam Format:Proctored exam, taken online via Skype
Minimum Passing Grade:75% or greater to pass
Prerequisites: must pass all of the following courses to be able to take the Level 3 Training.
Required for:Professional Evaluation and Knowledge Appraisal Assessment (PEKA Assessment)
Accreditation Received:Trained to Inspector Level.
- Level 1 – Essentials of Paint and Painting Technology
- Level 2 A – Architectural Painting
- Level 2 B – Maintenance Repainting