MPIís Level 2B training is the definitive course on maintenance repainting with a focus on how to assure success and avoid costly do-overs when working on buildings and commercial/institutional structures.
Note: MPI Level 1 Essentials of Paint and Painting Technology successful completion required before starting this course.
- How to write basic paint specifications for maintenance projects
- Identify common flaws and defects in existing coatings/substrates
- Evaluate existing condition of 25 of the most commonly used architectural substrates with MPIís DSD (Degree of Surface Degradation) System
- How to select an appropriate system depending on substrate, DSD level of existing coating and exposure environment
- Best practices for surface preparation
- Basic quality control techniques
Course Format:Course is online. Exam is online and requires photo ID and Zoom
Duration:90 days to complete exam from date of registration
Exam Format:Proctored exam, taken online via Zoom
Minimum Passing Grade:75% or greater to pass
Prerequisites: MPI Level 1 Essentials of Paint and Painting Technology
Required for: MPI Level 3 Inspection
Accreditation Received:Maintenance Coating Specialist (MCS)
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will receive:
- MCS accreditation and badge to use in email signatures.
- 1 year subscription to Maintenance Repainting Manual
- MPIís Identifiers and Defects.