MPIís Level 2A training is the definitive course on new construction painting with a focus on how to assure success and avoid costly do-overs when working on buildings and commercial/institutional structures.
Note: MPI Level 1 Essentials of Paint and Painting Technology successful completion required before starting this course.
- How to review basic paint specifications for new construction
- Identify common flaws and defects in uncoated substrates
- Evaluate existing condition of 25 of the most commonly used architectural substrates
- How to select an appropriate system depending on substrate and exposure environment
- Best practices for surface preparation
- Basic quality control techniques
Course Format:Course is online. Exam is online and requires photo ID and Skype
Duration:90 days to complete exam from date of registration
Exam Format:Proctored exam, taken online via Skype
Minimum Passing Grade:75% or greater to pass
Prerequisites: MPI Level 1 Essentials of Paint and Painting Technology
Required for: MPI Level 3 Inspection
Accreditation Received: Architectural Coating Specialist (ACS)
Upon successful completion of this course, graduates will receive:
- ACS accreditation and badge to use in email signatures.
- 1 year subscription to Architectural Painting Specification Manual