Note: For subscription renewals, please visit your personal admin page and click the renew button. This discounted subscription renewal is only available after the initial subscription period has expired.
The ASM Two Year Subscription Web Version gives you password restricted online access for a period of two years to the following:
ASM Decision Tree
; where you can go through the following steps to help create your project specifications:
- Choose interior or exterior
- Select your division (material)
- Select your substrate
- Choose your subtype of substrate
- Select the desired finish
- Choose the performance required
Following this you are able to save your system choices and to add additional systems to compile a complete projects worth of systems. Once all systems are added you can save the information into a complete and comprehensive Excel file for reference. You can then go on to choose your required products from the list of MPI approved manufactures/products.
Along with the Decision Tree you also have access to the Classic View section of the Online ASM, this gives you all of the information that is contained within the printed manual:
The manual is intended to be used step-by-step by substrate, or as a reference guide to promote quality assurance in products and workmanship, where specified painting systems in new construction are used; it contains information necessary to:
- Evaluate paint products.
- Evaluate and select painting system.
- A painting specification.
- Select the surface preparation necessary.
- Introduction – with contents, credit a how to use guide and other relevant information.
- Exterior – Systems, Evaluation, Surface Preparation
- Exterior – Systems Evaluation
- Exterior – 198 water and solvent based systems
- Exterior – Surface Preparation
- Interior – Systems, Evaluation, Surface Preparation
- Interior– Systems Evaluation
- Interior – 316 water and solvent based systems
- Interior –Surface Preparation
- Guide Specifications – Painting, Wall-Covering, Abrasive Blasting
- Products – Descriptions, Listings
- Miscellaneous – Responsibilities, Standards, Quality Assurance
- Quality Assurance
Benefits of the online MPI Architectural Painting Specification Manual:
- Online access from anywhere, most up to date version, very simple to find all the information you require without having to switch between booklets and ability to copy and paste information for future reference.
- Access to the online decision version which can assist in finding the ‘most appropriate’ paint system for a substrate, by taking into account answers from specific questions.
- The paint systems are in descending order of performance and from there you can click right through to the appropriate MPI category and see all the currently listed manufactures, with their products.
- You can search for and save a list of all your specific systems choices and manufacture/products.
- You also have access to a downloadable MPI Guide specification and the paint-related standards and responsibilities.